The province of Ontario has recently committed to the funding of 10 state-of-the-art and innovative health technologies through grants from the HTF (Health Technologies Fund). These grants will support the development of new innovative software and devices that will help people have better homes and better community care. All of these projects will undergo appraisal and assessment throughout the following 18 to 24 months in order to help facilitate their success in Ontario’s health care system. About $5.4 million will be allotted to the following projects:
1) INTELLIGENT SCHEDULING TO REDUCE MRI AND CT WAIT TIMES
This is a scheduling platform that will be able to connect doctors and patients with hospitals as well as help patients with access to appointments for medical procedures.
2) iUGO: IMPROVING DIABETES CARE THROUGH REAL-TIME MONITORING
This will help patients suffering from diabetes by allowing them to connect to their health care team in the comfort of their own homes in real time.
3) CONNECTING PATIENTS AND CAREGIVERS WITH A MOBILE PLATFORM
This mobile platform will allow patients to connect with their caregivers. You will be able to find caregivers with a mere click. Other things like practice guidelines, bookings, and remote monitoring can also be managed through this platform.
4) DIAGNOSING ALZHEIMER’S THROUGH SPEECH ANALYSIS
A mobile speech assessment program that can detect and identify aphasia, Alzheimer’s’ disease, Parkinson’s disease, and cognitive impairment.
5) SMARTVIEW: MONITORING AND SELF-MANAGEMENT FOR PATIENTS FOLLOWING CARDIAC AND VASCULAR SURGERY
Software that will help patients who have recently undergone cardiac and/or vascular surgery to get vital sign monitoring at the hospital and in their homes.
6) A TELEPATHOLOGY NETWORK TO IMPROVE CANCER DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT
With this software, patients will no longer be required to travel to get a diagnosis. This will also help pathologists do their jobs faster and in a more accurate way.
7) MYTEAM: SOFTWARE TO CONNECT PATIENTS, CAREGIVERS AND DOCTORS
A health management app that will help patients as well as their doctors or caregivers with their health care plans that can be followed in the patient’s home.
8) MINDMERGE: A PATIENT PORTAL FOR BREAST CANCER SURVIVORSHIP
This app/software will help connect patients with their doctors and bring the doctor’s care closer to the patient’s home. With the use of this program, patients will be able to get automatic info about tests, appointments and other things such as treatment recommendations.
9) A NEW PLATFORM TO HELP SPINAL CORD INJURY PATIENTS GET COORDINATED TREATMENT AT HOME
This platform will help patients have access to their doctors/nurses/caregivers through an internet based and mobile platform.
10) REMOTE PHARMACY COORDINATION FOR SENIORS
This tool will ensure the accuracy of medications when patients transition from hospital to a more long-term care. This tool will be able to prevent medication errors.